Konga.com is Nigeria's largest online marketplace. We launched in July 2012 and our mission is to become the engine of ecommerce and trade in Africa.
We serve an ever expanding customer base, offering products that span various categories including Phones, Computers, Clothing, Shoes, Home Appliances, Books, Healthcare, Baby Products, personal care and much more.
We are recruiting to fill this position.
- Legal, Governance and regulatory (Corporate Strategy, Regulatory engagements, Contracts management);
- Finance and Operations (Monitoring of Budget & Financials, Technology, Business Administration and Customers and Merchants KYC Compliance management, Interim Claim)
- Operations and Technology (KYC Compliance management, and Infrastructure BCP)
- Independent parties employed from time to time to carry out field quality checks.
- To assist and ensure that the Payments Division is conducting its business in full compliance with all laws and regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal policies and standards.
- To assist or manage designated activities and tasks in the Risk & Compliance section which are necessary to meet the Payment Division’s Risk & Compliance objectives and Risk Processes.
- To assist in ensuring that agents, customers, and merchants KYC, business and operational compliances are met and documented, also ensure compliance rules are up to date from time to time as may be required by existing laws and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in coordinating changes to Risk Management Framework and Risk Control Profile Register;
- Provide assistance in reviewing Risk Appetite Statements for the Payment Division;
- Work with Legal Officer to ensure compliance obligation register is implemented and changes are upgraded regularly;
- Manage oversight of incident management process and ensure that business are reporting significant risk event to Risk and Compliance Unit. Implement incident monitoring process to ensure business are improving controls around reported risk events;
- Coordinate with the Head of Division to ensure compliance with the Fraud Management Plan;
- Assist Head of Division coordinating responses to compliance and performance audits that are conducted by external auditors;
- Investigate and Coordinate responses to queries and issues, implementing action plans for gaps identified and finalizing reports; and
- Manage and oversee the monitoring of non – financial compliance requirements
- Support the operations unit on the day to day as may be assigned.
- Work in close cooperation with the finance unit (Chief Financial Officer) regarding any compliance financial audits that may be carried out by the unit.
- Follow up with business on action plans for outstanding audit issues. The focus will be at all times be on the desired outcomes – not on the inputs – and it will be as much on the technical aspects on project delivery management.