HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill this position.
- We require the service of an exceptional and highly motivated professional to fill the position of The Head, Internal Audit in our company, to provide independent control and audit services for all HealthPlus operations in order to ensure adherence to defined operating procedures and prevent financial and other losses due to control lapses.
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer
- Define the strategic direction for the Internal Audit function which align with the overall strategic goals of the companies: HealthPlus and CasaBella
- Contribute to the formulation of Audit policies and procedures in accordance with generally accepted audit principles and standards
- Contribute to the annual 3 year audit plan for approval by the CFO and the Audit and Risk committee
- Hands-on execution of the annual audit plan and reporting as required
- Lead audit teams in conducting assessments on the quality and effectiveness of the internal control framework, risk management and governance
- Assist with the presentation of plans, audit findings, areas of concern, and progress in addressing prior issues to the Audit & Risk Committee,
- Supervise and ensure that post audit action plans are implemented and adhered to by relevant personnel
- Conduct special investigations based on available information to resolve procedure and financial breaches in internal systems
- Provide risk assessments of policies, critical projects and system developments
- Ensure adequate Risk Management processes are introduced into the company and continual improvement of the company’s risk management framework
- Review Compliance Audits, Special Assignments from the Audit Committee and Top Management Committee with respect to risks assessment and risk prevention, corporate and statutory compliance and review compliance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and amend them from time to time in line with business and legislation changes.
- Work with Management to ensure a system is in place which ensures that all major risks are identified and analysed, regularly and periodically and risk prevention mechanisms installed across the Company and safeguarding liabilities of the Board and Management from risk
- Assist in the leadership and development of the internal audit team,
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and provide support. Training and development of Audit Staff and subordinates
- Ensure compliance with statutory authority and audit requirements
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times