Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in this position.
- You will be fully responsible for Jumia Food’s new and existing partner restaurants in Abuja. Your overall aim will be to acquire key vendors catering to the needs of our growing customer base, and to subsequently manage all new and existing vendor relationships. You will work closely with the Operations team to consistently optimize vendor operations, and will work closely with the Marketing team to devise and implement marketing campaigns for restaurants.
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with franchisees of the most important restaurant chains
- Drive expansion of existing clients as well as generating new business at prospect chains
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Clearly communicate the value of Jumia Food and its newest products to prospects
- Work closely with the Marketing Department with marketing requests
- Negotiate attractive deals/combos with partner restaurants for the benefit of our customers (ie.during annual Black Friday campaign)
- Educating new vendors on the importance of Jumia Food’s operational procedures and standards,ensuring they are always respected
- Equipping and training new vendors on Jumia Food’s order processing and management tools (through the management of the Vendor Service Associate)
- Ensuring that Jumia Food is paid its due commission on time (through management of the Cash Collection Officer)
- Monitoring vendor performance and implementing operational improvement plans for restaurants, where necessary