eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill this position.
- The Deputy Warehouse Manager, works under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager to effectively oversee inventory and coordinate handling and storage procedures.
- The deputy warehouse manager will ensure that all commodities at the warehouse are handled and stored in a safe, timely and coordinated manner.
- S/He will assist in managing the inventory system and keep abreast of the costs that are involved in the management of commodities at the warehouse. Generally support the operations at eHA’s storage facilities as requested.
To perform this role successfully, the Deputy Warehouse Manager will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination and tracking of store movement and goods supplies. Keep accurate waybill records.
- Work closely with the manager in the management of stock using the internal warehouse and stock management procedures.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the Asset Management function. Log all new assets in the asset register and ensure the appropriate coding and labeling of assets. Update asset register regularly with changes and new acquisitions.
- Perform various warehousing tasks and operations using dedicated software applications and databases.
- Provide weekly warehouse report, asset database and inventory tracking report to the warehouse manager.
- Meet warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meet warehouse financial standards by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Move inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from the warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Deliver supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
- Accomplish warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Participate in and promote a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Must always adhere to policies and procedures.
- Will adhere to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Work with partner organizations in meeting their item storage and withdrawal needs.