eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill this position.
- The Pharmacist will assist with the dispensing of medications, check prescriptions, and provide advice to patients on the medicines that have been prescribed for the patients.
- S/he will ensure adequate supply of pharmacies through smart inventory management, review of actual usage, and review of re-order levels. The Pharmacist will develop and implement strategic initiatives and services in the pharmacy sector.
The Pharmacist will work in the EHA clinic predominantly as stated below:
- As a pharmacist you will be responsible for preparing and dispensing medications to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs.
- The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions.
- The pharmacist must be fully qualified to interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or to be referred to the suitable doctor. Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals.
- The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organizing the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintaining full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times;
- Manage clinical risk.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time