Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
We are recruiting to fill this position.
- This role will deliver the day-to-day support of Human Resources policies, programs and processes by providing quality real-time solutions to employee inquiries and requests.
In particular you will:
- Apply working knowledge and understanding of internal HR policies spanning employment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, payroll, training and HRIS to assist employees.
- Manage the employee experience through processes and programs that span across the employee lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, engagement surveys and offboarding).
- Maintain the HRIS database and employee files; develop forms and processes for all employee-related actions
- Assist with all HR related processes and forms for onboarding and offboarding employees.
- Develop, schedule and facilitate new employee orientations.
- Assist in the administration of all company benefits and communication, including but not limited to health, medical, dental, life insurance; leaves and workers’ compensation
- Work with HR and business management in implementing recognition programs that promote corporate values and enhance employee retention
- Assist with Performance Management programs.
- Collaborate with Benefits and Compensation to implement the merit increase process and support the focus on employee performance
- Manage and coordinate succession planning process across multiple sites, including developing and reporting metrics and presentations related to current succession planning status, areas for improvements, and improvement plans.
- Perform data analysis, compilation and/or preparation of confidential reports and statistics for various purposes i.e. headcount, retention, turnover, etc.